Sunday, July 6, 2008

Scarlet and Yellow





Originally I bought the gold pleated skirt in red first, but ended up loving it so much, I went back and picked up, the gold, and blue. A couple months ago I was infatuated with pleated skirts, I was wearing my houndstooth one to death. I even tired to make my own pleated skirt, let's just say it didn't turn out as good as I hoped.

Since I found these wooden heel sandals hiding in the back of my mom’s closet, I have been fixated on them. I ordered some of my own from Aldo yesterday, can’t wait to receive them. The vintage gold flower bolo necklace has been sitting in my jewelry box for a year since the time my Grandma gave it to me. I have always admired it, and finally actually wore it today. Sometimes I get in a jewelry rut and wear the same accessories over, and over again until I get so sick of them (it’s a bad habit). Speaking of habits I think I’ve finally got over the nervous biting the nail routine (yes, I know, gross). I painted my nails yesterday vermilion, it’s good to finally have nails to paint.

Cardigan and Sandals, Nordstrom. Skirt, F21. Cami, Neighboring Store. Necklace, Vintage.

5 comments:

Miby said...

What a lovely combination! Red and yellow work pretty well! Those sandals are beautiful, so chic and summery! Great outfit! :)

Ps. Gorgeous necklace!

Sam said...

love the color combo!
great look.

Paris Tarts said...

I love the yellow skirt! :)

Tart

Hannah Bee said...

You look wonderful. I love how you played with the colour combination. And that necklace is stunning.

Thanks for linking me, mind if I link you back?

Velveteen Rose said...

Vintage Vinyl: I wouldn’t mind at all :)