Monday, July 28, 2008

Quirks

Finally some time to sit down and focus on my blog! I thought I would do a post about my favorite accessories. I love a hint of vintage in any outfit. Always trying to pull inspiration from the past and make it somewhat updated. I've been very keen on rose budded heels lately. Ever since I bought my first pair at Aldo on sale for $15 I have been unconsciously purchasing more rose detailed shoes.

From left to right: BCBGgirls, Local Store, Aldo.

Vintage shoes are the best but it's hard to find a pair that fits properly. The gold shoes (Polly of California) are from the 60s, and the red heels (Mr. Easton) are from the 50s.

Vintage clutches add a "special touch" to any outfit. The purple clutch I picked up at a thrift store. The yellow, and silver clutch are from a consignment store. Speaking of which, the yellow lace bag has its original tags still on it with of the price of $3.98. Do you think I should keep the tags on it? The silver clutch has a leaf clasp, which is basically why I bought it because I love little details!

Brooches are so multi-functional! Use them as a pendant, pin on a sweater, purse, or use them as a hair accessory. All of the brooches above are from my Grandmother except the umbrella one which was a present from a vintage boutique.

11 comments:

Hannah Bee said...

Wow, all of your accessories are great! I want to say something is my favourite, but they all are! Especially the brooches and jewelery. Wonderful!

Wendy said...

Your collection really sheds light on your accessory "personality". All of your items are so elegant and classic.

Sara.Sumi said...

Brooches are too cute to comment!;)
All of your items are just great and also a little bit in my style:)

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

Some of those brooches are absolutely magnificent.

Darling Deer said...

wow beautifull accessories!you have quite a collection.love your handbagsxx

Mimi said...

You have so nice stuff.I'm jealous of your brooches.

Miby said...

lovely stuff! I truly adore brooches! I think they are so easy to wear and it shows the actual outfit's character! The little umbrella it's a beautiful gift! Love them all!:)

Ps. Those BCBG shoes are gorgeous!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Great vintage finds! And ps I love that b&w bedspread!

Little Bow Prep said...

I love them! They are all so awesome!

Your brooches are amazing- love the ballerina one! I love the heels as well!

I've never bought anything vintage, but lately, I've been hearing about amazing vintage finds.

Lovely accessories and post!

styledigger said...

all of them are great, but I like sandals and brooches most. Umrella and rose brooches are sooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

ooh i definatly think you should keep the tags on, it looks cute. i love the ballerina broach. very nice style you have :)

yoda.